Sample Multiple Choice Questions
Sample Multiple Choice Questions: Feel at liberty to try some questions before you REGISTER
- A patient is rushed to the ER after complaining of a “crushing” chest pain in the area of the mediastinum that radiates to the left shoulder. After performing an electrocardiogram, the affected organ is located in middle mediastinum. Which of the following organs have been infarcted?
- A boy suffers with type 1 diabetes. The condition is also referred to as being insulin-dependent. It involves the autoimmune destruction of which cells?
- A patient on the gastroenterology ward experiences steatorrhea and malnourishment. The patient is given a secretin stimulation test and an elevation in gastrin is noted. What is the most likely diagnosis(Dx)?
- A neonate recently born to a diabetic mother appears to be experiencing dyspnea. The newborn’s surfactant level is abnormally low. Which cell is responsible for synthesizing surfactant?
- The coracoid process of the scapula acts as a site of insertion for three muscles. Which of these muscles should be excluded?
- The pterion is a surface located in the temporal fossa where the frontal, parietal, temporal and sphenoid bones all meet. This is known as the weakest part of the skull. When fractured what underlying artery can be lacerated?
- A 3 year old child was diagnosed at birth with Sickle Cell Anemia(HbSS). If both of her parents each carry a copy for the trait, what is the likelihood of her being born with HbSS?
- A Trinidadian pop star travels to Alaska on a world tour. The very moment she steps off the plane, a cold wind temporarily freezes and numbs her face. She wakes up the following morning with ipsilateral facial paralysis. The nerve responsible for supplying the muscles of facial expression leaves the skull through which foramen?
- A common side effect of antipsychotic medication is?
- Symptoms of hyperthyroidism include all of the following except?
A α cells
B β cells
C δ cells
D γ cells
A Type 1 pneumocyte
B Type 2 pneumocyte
A Long head of the Biceps Brachii
B Short head of the Biceps Brachii
D Pectoralis minor
A Anterior division of the Middle Meningeal Artery
B Posterior division of the Middle Meningeal Artery
C Accessory Meningeal Artery
D Anterior Cerebral Artery
A Infraorbital foramen
B Stylomastoid foramen
C Foramen Ovale
D Foramen Magnum
A Heat intolerance
B Weight gain